Wednesday, June 29, 2011

On Easing Heartaches...

It's almost midnight yet I can't sleep. I peeped out of the window and felt the soft wind and rain touched my face. I should have loved the cool air, embraced the raindrops but no, I feel so empty inside...empty because in my heart I feel so alone.

Should I say alone when my husband is lying on the next bed? Yes, I am in solitude because the only person whom I refer as my bestfriend, confidante and partner in life is the person that seems to be so out of reach right now...

I wanted to hold his hand as he lay sleeping beside me. I yearned on hugging him the moment I saw him when I arrive from the office. But I have to hold back, because I know deep inside he's hurting more than I do. How can we ease each other's pain when both of us are the cause of that pain???

I believe only God can do wonders...only He will be the soothing balm in our aching hearts. But I guess we already distanced ourselves from Him...it has been a long time since we knelt together. How could we let ourselves wander from the primary Source of love and peace?

Lord God, we need You. We need you to mend our broken hearts and please restore peace, joy and love in our home. You alone can do that...we trust You, dear Jesus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment