Friday, May 21, 2010

Bangkok in shambles : 55 more days to go...

Bangkok --- a once peaceful, tourists-loving city was turned into a war zone since last Thursday, May 14, 2010. 51 death toll had been reported plus 1,500 were injured. Central World and Center One in Victory monument collapsed from fire and 30+ more establishments were tried to put in flames, luckily, the loss is not as huge as caused in Central World.  The red shirt leaders had surrendered yesterday but still chaos was continued even in the provinces. Curfew had been imposed for two nights now and will be continued until Saturday night.

It is too depressing...lives and properties were lost just for the sake of re-establishing Thaksin Shinawatra to his former position as Prime Minister or probably he has plans to overthrow the monarchy, that I don't know...but one thing I am sure of, the peace-loving folks of this nation is mourning for what had happened recently. 

Now we are back in the office, after days that it has been closed.  Everybody is hoping to can go back to their normal lives of living freely and peacefully here. 

Let us all continually kneel and pray for the restoration of peace in Thailand.

---------------------------------------

My dear husband is anxious to go back to work now that our financial resource is getting low and the birth of the baby is imminent.  Sad, that he'll be away but I think it good for us since we never can really predict what will happen...like if I will be delivering normally or by C-section( Lord, forbid!)

I am so in love with my baby now...I never thought I will love someone that I have not seen yet, but a mother's love is way way deep and profound.  I love you baby Sean Harvey, hope I can be a good mother to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment