Monday, May 17, 2010

On Bangkok Chaos : 59 more days to go...

Bangkok is in chaos! Red shirt protests have emerged again last March and continued until now...but since Thursday, the peaceful rally had turned into violence.  One of their rouge leader had been shot in the head and it triggered the attacks between the Thai military and the protesters.  Skytrain and subway transportation were suspended until further notice. Schools, supposedly opening today has been extended till next week. Even some of my colleagues here in the office didn't come because of transportation difficulties.  Most of the roads in the Central Bangkok district have been closed and sealed off as danger/war zones. As I have seen on tv and read on the news, bullets are fired, tires are burned and the casualty has been increasing...the latest I've read, the death toll was 35 and more than 200+ injured. 

Whew! We are all affected here..although not that huge on me because I'm located a little farther from the danger zones, but still it's stressing and depressing.  We never know what will happen next especially as I read today that their leader just died (the one who was shot last Thursday), and I think this will instill more anger on the protesters.  Anyways, I just hope that the Thai government and the Red shirt protesters come into a compromise and end this chaos.


No comments:

Post a Comment