Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baby Shower : 75 more days to go...

Last Sunday, a baby shower was held for me and my hubby for the arrival of our baby boy. I was stressed! Stressed from the preparation....questions like,what sort of things to buy, what food should we prepare, who will go to the market popped up in my mind.You see, whenever I plan for an event, I make sure it is well-planned and that things can go on smoothly. However, with this one, I was not sure as to what to do because I thought Marie will be the one to prepare for everything. I was a little disappointed, as a matter of fact. Why? Because as to the food preparation, we had done most of it. Luckily, my family and relatives were there to help, if not, we wouldn't have made it till 4 pm that afternoon.  In all fairness to Marie, she was really busy with her school requirements. My sentiment is just that, if she knew she will be that busy, she should have moved the event to another convenient date. Well, the party is over and everything went on smoothly.

Anyways, we finished preparing the food at around 3 pm and was able to get the Leche flan from Sinar Bromo ship in time. We waited for the guests to come, they came in batches at around 5 pm and so we started the games at 5:30 pm. As hosted by Marie, the games were fun, of course! The food was great, thanks to the cooks and helpers like Papa, Joevy, Baby, Bless, Bing, Edmar, Grace and Marie.

Gifts and well-wishes were given by friends. I will attach photos of the gift to help me remember as to who gave those presents. Because you see, as I read from the book I borrowed from Lot (The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy), after delivering the baby, moms are forgetful and they tend to forget the things that happened while they were pregnant. So I must record everything!

That's it for now...ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment