Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Defying Sadness : 44 more days to go...

My father went home to Bicol after 3 months of vacation here in Thailand. I feel sad yet happy at the same time. Sad because my dad has been very helpful, encouraging and an inspiration when he was here but happy also because my mom has been missing him for quite some time and now they'll be together.  My dad left on the 27th of May and my hubby's birthday was on the 28th. We then, had a little gathering...cooked some food (of course my hubby's famous kinilaw was served!), ate a heartful and sent my dad to the airport. We were a little anxious though, because curfew has not been lifted yet and it starts at 12 midnight, so we had to hurry heading back home.

That was last week.

Today, I feel a little sad again because my Joevy will be leaving next week to start another contract with the agency.  The ship that he will be assigned to has a worldwide route and that means  weeks or even months of no communication. Sad, sad, sad....I will be delivering my baby without him by my side and probably baby Sean will see his father when he is almost a year old..sigh!

I am missing my hubby beginning now and he knows it....but we need the money for the baby, that's why we do not have a choice. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment