Friday, March 26, 2010

The One Where I Found Out I Was Preggy : 111 days to go...

I missed my period for several days...that didn't disturb me much since my menstruation is usually late for a few days...but days turned to weeks and finally I spotted a brownish discharge in my undies one day and that got me into worrying.  My then boyfriend regularly called when their ship was docked in Malaysia or Singapore and everytime that he called, I poured out my fear of the possibility of carrying a child.

Anxious.

We planned to finally use the home pregnancy test...oopps, two pink lines! The piece of stick was shouting P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E at us!!!!
At first, I was confused as to what to do when I found out I was pregnant...should I be happy or sad?  What if my boyfriend then, refuse his paternity of this unborn baby? Luckily for me, he didn't have hesitations (or probably a little...he just didn't show it) as to what to do...he said that soon we should get married. Marriage??? Was I prepared for that? Well, at my age of 29, most people would think I should have a long time ago...but personally, that time I still felt so immature and irresponsible. Am I ready to be a mom?A BIG question.

Worried.

Weeks passed and Joevy assured me that he will always love and be there for me...and that this child is a blessing for both of us.  He always reminded me that maybe this is his destiny and he's glad about it. Who would have thought that he will be able to find a woman from another country when Philippines has plenty of them?  His kind words and comfort were honey to my ears and that made my heart at ease.

Relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment