Tuesday, April 20, 2010

On Right Brain Learning : 87 days more to go...

I am at the moment reading the forum section of Brillbaby.com. Very informative! I learned that a baby, as small as it is can learn extensively. The baby will digest learning math, reading and any other stuff that  you put in his/her right brain.  Babies are like sponges, they can absorb anything even when they are not focused on your teaching.  I have read testimonies and seen youtube proofs of babies reading whole words (not only ABC's, take note!) and these motivated me into teaching my unborn child on how to be able to read even as an infant.

There are several ways that can be used in teaching babies, there is the Doman method (by far, the most popular), Shichida and Henguru method (Japanese-based) as well as the use of Tweedlewink and Your Baby Can Read videos. I don't have them at all :( but I am preparing a set of few flashcards to show to my baby once she gets 4 months old.  Just  simple flashcards and powerpoint presentation to show the picture of the word plus the word itself. I am just thankful that I have a lot of free time at work to be able to make these flashcards, problem lies with printing and laminating it... :(  Anyways, I'll be able to sort it out.

My hubby and I still have this problem as to where I should deliver the baby. Yesterday,  I tried to surf the net for the nearest and most convenient hospitals but I have not done any decision yet. I'm nearing my 7th month of pregnancy so I better hurry otherwise they won't accept my condition there.

No comments:

Post a Comment