Monday, April 19, 2010

Songkran Vacation 2010 : 88 more days....(I skipped some days, sorry!)

I wonder how many days left now...I had been out of the office for the whole week (except half day last Monday) because of the Songkran holidays.  The rest from work was fulfilling, I'll give you a recap of last week's highlights:

Monday - I went to work but only a few employees reported in because most of my colleagues already used their vacation leave to be able to go to their hometowns and visit their relatives; thus, my boss told us around midday that we are free for the afternoon. So I went home and had a sumptuous lunch(sweet and sour fish) that my hubby prepared. 

Tuesday - off to Rayong we went, we left at around 9 am but was able to reach Baan Chang at past 3 pm. We got lost. (*grin) It was actually only a 3-hour ride for those who know the way. All five of us in the car, Mike, Michelle, Marie, me and Joevy just laughed it out when we got confused of the route and had to u-turn several times just to make it to Baan Chang. After several hours drive and hungry stomachs later, we were able to meet the very accommodating couple, Michelle(another Michelle) and Richie. Starving, we went straight to the beach to have a late seaside lunch. The prices of the food were skyrocket high, so we settled on a few dishes and consoled ourselves that we will just have another meal at another place later to save a few bahts.
After lunch, we took a rest at our accommodation till sunset and had a delicious dinner outside the couple's apartment. We ate grilled fish and stir-fried vegetables...hmmm, that was some dinner indeed!

Wednesday - We woke up at 5:30 am to Marie's summon of spending sunrise at the beach. Around 6:30, some of us were already taking photos of the scenery while some were enjoying their swim.  I didn't swim because I don't fancy sea water...too salty for me! Later that morning, we went to a beach pool in one of the subdivisions in Baan Chang, and the place was awe-striking!!! It's like an oasis...there is a pool surrounded by coconut trees with a crystal clear water. Joevy and I spent the rest of the morning dipped in the water that is why our skin is a little tanned. It's alright...I enjoyed every moment in that refreshing pool! After a nap, we headed for Bangkok...oooppps, not that fast, we went astray again but finally found the road back to Bangkok. Quite an experience for us!

Thursday -  Last day of Songkran festival, so together with my family and relatives, we went to Nana to join the splashing of water, which is their way of celebrating Songkran! To pour, splash, spray,sprinkle water....for the Thai people, it's a blessing! You are blessed by receiving water and well-wishes from your relatives and vice versa.  However, to most, especially to farangs ( foreigners), it means fun, fun, fun!!!! Some would even put wet powder on your face...I really don't get it's meaning but I just thank them whenever they put them on my face. There were some questioning looks as I passed by...probably they wondered as to what a pregnant lady doing there...maybe they were worried that I might slip and that could be dangerous for me and my baby. So after a few splashes, I settled on a chair at the roadside and just had fun watching the crowd have fun. We went home soaked, tired yet happy.

Friday - I dyed my hair golden brown....oopps, another no-no for a preggy lady but my stubbornness got the better of me. So here I am, with a different-colored hair.

Saturday - I had diarrhea since late Friday afternoon, probably got it from Hot Pot restaurant or maybe from the milk that my hubby bought from 7-eleven. Whichever the cause, it still gave me an awkward feeling... Joevy laughed at my dilemma (grrrr!). Due to that, we went to church late. After the service, I exchanged smiles and greetings to friends, had lunch, then headed home.  Joevy played basketball in the evening...not so good game for him.

Sunday - spent the last day of vacation at home.

So that 's my whole Songkran vacation...
By the way, did I mention that I asked my baby of her gender? She told me she's a girl...(she answered by kicking!) Therefore, I will name her Samantha Nicole Sayloon.  She has been kicking hard and strong on my right side. I and my hubby feels elated whenever she kicks strongly. I will post pictures when we have our internet connection at home.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment